After a bit of soul-searching, I’ve decided to ask the venues for the rest of my shows in March to reschedule further down the calendar, possibly in the fall. (Some of these venues had already come to this decision.) If you have tickets, the venue should be in touch about a refund if you cannot make the rescheduled date.
I’m really, really sorry about this! I was very much looking forward to playing these shows at some of my favorite places for some of my favorite people (you), but I know that a lot of us are among the “vulnerable” part of the population, and I would hate for my shows to play any part in spreading this virus around. We’ll decide about the April shows in a week or so, once we get a better sense of the trajectory of this thing. (In New Hampshire, “panic shopping” was expressed in a run on the liquor stores. Gotta stock up, y’know?)
Meanwhile, I hope to get some writing done and, as a way of keeping in touch, am thinking about launching a subscription service at Patreon.com. (You pledge $x per month and I will send you a kitchen-table recording per month of a brand-new song, or some draft pages from one of the three books I’m working on, or … something else?) More on this later.
The to-be-re-scheduled shows are:
- The Wayne Theater in Waynesboro, VA, Thursday, 3/19
- The Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL (with the band America), Friday, 3/20
- The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA, Saturday, 3/21
- The Baby Grand, Wilmington, DE, Sunday, 3/22
- The Iridium, New York City, Wednesday, 3/25, and
- World Café Live, Philadelphia, PA Thursday, 3/26
All the best,